In recent times, Navjot Singh Sidhu seems to have lost some of his fizz – he was always loquacious but, nowadays, he tends to overdo it. In the early days of his commentating career, he was quite, quite brilliant. Read for yourself!
* The greatest thrill for a woman is to see a woman fatter than her.
* That ball went so high it could have got an air hostess down with it.
* The Sri Lankan score is running like an Indian taximeter.
* Statistics are like miniskirts, they reveal more than what they hide.
* Wickets are like wives – you never know which way they will turn!
* As uncomfortable as a bum on a porcupine.
* Deep Dasgupta is as confused as a child is in a topless bar!
* The Indian team without Sachin is like giving a kiss without a squeeze.
* He is not a wicket keeper, he is a goalkeeper. He must be given a free transfer to Manchester United – commenting on Deep Dasgupta.
* He will fight a rattlesnake and give it the first two bites too.
* This quote was made after Eddie Nichols, the third umpire, ruled Shivnarine Chanderpaul ‘NOT OUT’ in the second test at Port of Spain “Eddie Nichols is a man who cannot find his own buttocks with his two hands.”
* You may have a heart of gold, but so does a hard-boiled egg.
* He is like a one-legged man in a bum kicking competition.
* The third umpires should be changed as often as nappies and for the same reason.
* Kumble’s bowling at the moment is as flat as a dosa.