* A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
* If you are going through hell, keep going.
* The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
* History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
* In those days he was wiser than he is now – he used frequently to take my advice.
* I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
* I am easily satisfied with the very best.
* A politician needs the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month, and next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn’t happen.
* I am certainly not one of those who need to be prodded. In fact, if anything, I am the prod.
* I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.