* Take frequent baths or showers with cold water.
* Avoid spicy foods, try lighter summer fare like cold fruits andchilled dairy products.
* Drink plenty of water along with sports drinks or other sources of electrolytes.
* Wear light coloured and loose fitting clothes.
* Prefer cottons over synthetics.
* Avoid caffeine and alcohol as these will promote dehydration.
* Exercise in the early morning or late evening.
* Splash cold water on the face before going out in the heat.
* Stay indoors if it is too hot outside.