* Get rid of all your debts. The only worthwhile one is interest on your own property.
* Set savings goals. Break them into weekly, monthly and yearly goals. Pay your savings plan FIRST! Go for a systematic, monthly savings/investment plan.
* Record your expenses. Trim ALL the unnecessary expenses.
* Make a budget. Keep to it.
* Buy in bulk. This can add up.
* Buy used. You can get some great deals.
* Eat in! Go out only on special occasions.
* Stop using credit cards. Pay cash and keep expenses in check.
* Invest savings systematically in an interest bearing instrument. There is no point in keeping your savings idle.
Visual Courtesy: http://www.flickr.com/photos/59937401@N07/