All of us have our own set of rules by which we live our lives. Here is a list (I got it from a friend so I am not sure who to attribute it to) that seems pretty good to follow. The points are pretty simple but make extremely good sense. You may be familiar with most of them but they are inspirational and worth going over again. I do hope some of you will follow some of them and see a change for the better.
1. You fail only if you quit.
2. Do something every day to get out of your comfort zone. We are all so comfortable with our daily routine that we never try anything that we FEAR, even the smallest of things.
3. Write down a vision for yourself. That gives you a purpose.
4. Focus on what you want, ignore what you don’t want. What you focus on multiplies and grows in your life.
5. Live in the present moment; take things one day at a time. Don’t let the fear of the future paralyse you.
6. Keep moving, don’t stand still. Always strive for taking action, even small steps.
7. Always find something to be grateful for. There are less fortunate people in the world than you.
8. Take full responsibility for everything you have in your life. Only when you take full responsibility for what you have, do you give yourself power to change your life for the better. You can’t change anything while in the victim mode.
9. When something good is over, don’t cry; smile and be grateful that it happened.
10. Don’t procrastinate.
11. Don’t worry about making money, think about bringing value. Money will follow.
12. Find your passions. You can’t bring value if you are not passionate about what you do.
13. Commit to continuous learning, you will never know it all.
14. Don’t resist things you don’t like in your life. Confront them.
15. No one is ever misbehaving. Stop trying to control others and get upset if they don’t do what you expected them to do.
16. Even when someone does upset you on purpose they most likely do it out of fear. Forgive quickly.
17. Be kind to people. Most importantly, be kind to yourself. Don’t beat yourself up for your mistakes. Just say “Next time I’ll do it differently.”
18. Expect only the best and you will get the best. Believe you deserve a wonderful life. You will never get more than you are open to receive.
19. Don’t get comfortable. Be happy and grateful, but never comfortable. As soon as you are comfortable, you stop growing. Life is about continuous progress, be happy with what you have but always strive for more.