* Adversity is the diamond dust Heaven polishes its jewels with. Thomas Carlyle.
* Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records. William Arthur Ward.
* Adversity, and perseverance and all these things can shape you. They can give you a value and a self-esteem that is priceless. Scott Hamilton.
* All the adversity I’ve had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me… You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. Walt Disney.
* Comfort and prosperity have never enriched the world as much as adversity has. Billy Graham.
* If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire, then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience. Robert Fulghum.
* If you’re going through hell, keep going. Winston Churchill.
* We have no right to ask when sorrow comes, “Why did this happen to me?” unless we ask the same question for every moment of happiness that comes our way. Author Unknown.
* The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work. Harry Golden.
* If I had a formula for bypassing trouble, I would not pass it round. Trouble creates a capacity to handle it. I don’t embrace trouble; that’s as bad as treating it as an enemy. But I do say meet it as a friend, for you’ll see a lot of it and had better be on speaking terms with it. Oliver Wendell Holmes.