Making money on the web has never been easier. Almost a decade ago, the reach of internet was nowhere near as gargantuan as it is today. With the power of internet fueling their dreams, many people are leveraging the flexibility and freedom of the internet to become rich. While some are selling innovative products online, others are offering exceptional services. And then there are some who are using smart SEO and PPC campaigns to multiply their existent profits. Here is a list of 7 simple ideas that can help you make money on the web.
1. Set up a virtual shop – Even if you have a successful offline business, taking your offerings online can substantially boost your bottom-line. Your original product, which might already be popular in your local area, can get a global exposure and increase the demand manifold if marketed online.
2. Sell through eBay and similar online portals – If you are uncomfortable with the idea of your own website, sell your products through retail portals like eBay. Vendors from across the world have capitalized on the reach of online portals and many customers have found access to incredible services and deals online.
3. Freelance your skills – If you don’t have a product to offer, you can always market your skills and services online. The web has brought forth multiple profitable opportunities for freelance service providers. If you are good at writing, you can try content generating sites like ‘eLance’, ‘Associated Content’ and ‘Helium’. Marketing and technical services have great demand online and recruiters seek freelancers who can provide quality services in time. If you are a field expert, you can become an e-consultant for businesses and get paid for every minute you invest in a job. Budding photographers can sell stock photographs on sites like ‘fotolia’, ‘istockphoto’ and ‘shutterstock’ and earn a handsome commission every time their photos are downloaded. You can also sell e-books or become a ghostwriter for books or blockeds at lucrative compensation.
4. Monetize your site – If you already have a website in place, you can monetize it to make more money from your online presence. There are several tools like SEO and PPC campaigns, link building and keyword content generation which can multiple your web-returns. In addition to driving traffic to your site and increasing base sale, these campaigns can generate a passive income for you as well.
5. Make money with blogs – Blogging is an exceptional way to make some extra money, if you know how to do it right. Allow Google AdSense and other advertisers to post ads on your site and earn a hefty commission for the same. Although a pre-existing blog would require more than 100,000 visits per month to attract high-paying advertisers, you can also build blogs around some niche industry and generate healthy revenue from it.
6. Sell affiliate products – Companies like Amazon.com run affiliate programs that allow website owners to earn a commission by selling their affiliate products online. Even though this market has been maligned with diet pills and performance enhancers, there are still some noble options to be explored.
7. Test mobile applications – Test upcoming applications for Android and Apple provide a feedback and get paid. Tech companies pay handsomely for product reviewing and critiquing services and you get to experience cutting edge technology before everyone else. It can’t get better than this!
Visual Courtesy: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sagamiono/