The old saying goes “You are what you Eat”. Eating is a necessity for some and a passion for others, but “Eating Right” is absolutely essential for everyone. Nutrition, Diet, Carbs, Fats, Calories…don’t let them scare you; instead aim to incorporate the following 10 super foods in your diet.
1. Wonderful WALNUT: All nuts are goods but this one wins hands down as it’s good for the hair, brain, weight management, prevention of cancer and various ailments and contains the highest levels of antioxidants compared to other nuts.
2. Fabulous FISH: Fish is a warehouse of protein, vitamins and minerals, and a major source of omega-3 fatty acids which protects against a range of diseases, depression, arthritis, Alzheimer’s…. it’s a long list!
3. Powerful POMEGRANATE: This antioxidant rich fruit has been cherished as a symbol of health, fertility and eternal life. It improves skin, digestion and is great for the heart.
4. Beneficial BROCCOLI: Broccoli has special cholesterol-lowering benefits and is known for cancer prevention and blood-pressure regulation. It has high disease fighting potential and boosts immunity to cold and flus.
5. Awesome AVOCADO: To lose weight, improve your skin and lower your risk of many life-threatening diseases, eating more of this extremely healthy fruit is imperative.
6. Bountiful BANANA: An extremely versatile fruit, banana is blessed with many health benefits. It’s an instant energy giver and high in antioxidants that provide protection from chronic diseases. Apart from overcoming constipation, bananas also assist digestion and are a natural antacid.
7. Outstanding OATS: Each layer of the oat grain provides valuable nutrients. Oats, oat bran, and oatmeal contain a specific type of fiber known as beta-glucan. It lowers cholesterol levels and stabilizes blood sugar.
8. Fantastic FLAXSEED: It is a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids and is a useful digestive aid. It is also a rich source of antioxidants. It can be eaten as a snack or can be added to meals.
9. Enigmatic EGGS: Having Eggs on this list is a debatable issue for many as there are arguments both for and against them. So are eggs a boon or bane? Eggs are extremely vital and are packed with nutrients. Unless cholesterol problems exist, it is highly recommended to eat the entire egg. It provides great protein and is ideal for weight-loss as well as muscle gain.
10. Super STRAWBERRY: This small and adorable fruit contains the minimum amount of calories with the maximum amount of benefits. It contains fiber that helps lower blood pressure. It is also good for the eyes, hair, nails and provides relief from arthritis and heart diseases.
Remember, whether you intake the “Super DieTEN” weekly or daily depends entirely on the gastronomical capabilities of the palate. So bon appétit….